Re: [flpsed] Bug in starting flpsed

From: Nick <flpsed-list_at_njw.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:49:14 +0000

Hi Johannes, thanks for the quick reply.

Quoth Johannes Hofmann:
> > However at the moment I can't get it to work. The gui loads
> > completely, but the white document area remains blank, with the
> > cursor in its 'busy' state whenever it hovers over it. The
> > buttons and everything still work, but the document never loads.
> > This happens whether I try to load a pdf / ps from the command
> > line, or open it with no arguments.
>
> flpsed relies on some external programs to render PS/PDF.
> I would suggest to start with an PS document and try to open it
> using ghostscript (gs <docname>).
> Does this work?

Aha! Well, it did nominally work, but didn't display anything as I'd
built ghostscript without X support. Rebuilding it fixed the issue.
I'll open a bug in the gentoo bug tracker so that they can depend on
X functionality in ghostscript in the future.

Thanks alot.

Nick

--
GPG : 0x04E4653F | 9732 D7C7 A441 D79E FDF0  94F6 1F48 5674 04E4 653F