Re: [nmzmail] Searching body and subject

From: Johannes Hofmann <Johannes.Hofmann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:01:41 +0200

Hi Christian,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:49:10 +0200
> Von: Christian Helmuth <christian.helmuth_at_genode-labs.com>
> An: nmzmail_at_flpsed.org
> Betreff: [nmzmail] Searching body and subject

> Hello,
>
> when I query for <pattern> like this
>
> Query: <pattern>
>
> I do not get results where only the subject matches. I confirmed this
> by searching via
>
> Query: +subject:<pattern>
>
> where I get results.
>
> is this by intention or do I miss something?

I also noticed that and it can be pretty irritating.
However this is just how namazu (http://www.namazu.org/) handles this.
nmzmail only passes the query to the namazu search engine and reads
back the result.
But we can try to ask on their mailing list about this issue.

Cheers,
Johannes

PS: Of course nmzmail could rewrite the query before passing it to namazu, but I'd like
to be sure that the current namazu behaviour is not just accidental.