Re: [nmzmail] Searching body and subject

From: Johannes Hofmann <>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:18:50 +0200

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:49:10AM +0200, Christian Helmuth wrote:
> Hello,
> when I query for <pattern> like this
> Query: <pattern>
> I do not get results where only the subject matches. I confirmed this
> by searching via
> Query: +subject:<pattern>
> where I get results.
> is this by intention or do I miss something?

I did some more test on this and at least the simple case I tested
seems to work fine:
I just sent a mail to myself with some special subject "dewjdoewijdowe"
and updated the index. Then this mail could be found with

Query: dewjdoewijdowe
Query: +subject:dewjdoewijdowe

What kind of pattern did you use? Did the pattern contain umlauts?