Re: [nmzmail] Searching body and subject

From: Christian Helmuth <>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:57:06 +0200

sorry for the late answer I was on vacation.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:18:50AM +0200, Johannes Hofmann wrote:
> I did some more test on this and at least the simple case I tested
> seems to work fine:
> I just sent a mail to myself with some special subject "dewjdoewijdowe"
> and updated the index. Then this mail could be found with
> Query: dewjdoewijdowe
> and
> Query: +subject:dewjdoewijdowe
> What kind of pattern did you use? Did the pattern contain umlauts?

The simple case also works for me (just checked it), but the following
irritates me.

Query: +subject:XXXTITEL hits, but
Query: XXXTITEL does not.

So, if I do not know complete words of the subject I will not find any
hits. Ideas?

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs ยท